Black death

This could be my last blog. I am using my last ounce of energy to type. This week has been long and dangerous and probably close to death. I ladies and gentlemen, have a HEAD COLD. Your common garden variety of snot producing, coughing and spluttering and man voice that comes with it. The "man voice" component of this cold has had its advantages as I was promptly sent home from work for 2 days! Although the excitement that comes with that is then blasted back to reality by a colossal sneeze, and a crawl into bed.

Quite dramatic really. I work as a nurse and have seen the best actors pretending to be sick. So really every day I am at the "Academy Awards"....lucky I know.... of fuckwits eerr patients. Really if you have to pretend you really aren't that sick. Suck it up. ARGGHH! rant about work over. however my segway was going to be about how pathetic I am as a patient.

PATHETIC  DYING  SWAN

That's me. The swan. So bad that when i was maybe around 16 I had probably a much similar sickness and i yelled out to my dad to bring me my afternoon cold and flu tablets. So dad comes in and groans and gives me the tablets and water and leaves. (lovely dad). 

6 HOURS LATER..... whoah! gees dad i slept well! So good. My dad responds. "Yer it was a good sleep, you stopped whinging- that night tablet certainly does work!".

* my kind aforementioned 'lovely dad' had actually poisoned me/drugged me/hoodwinked me (have you will) with the night time tablet in the day time to shut his precious first born up. NICE. I'll probably remember that for my kids because if they are a chip of this old block- they wont cope well with sickness. 

Although i shouldn't really have kids especially if have been diagnosed with .. Alzheimers disease??
Diagnosis for headaches, phlegm, fevers, coughing About Dr. Google

Alzheimer's disease

Alzheimer's disease (AD), also called Alzheimer disease, Senile Dementia of the Alzheimer Type (SDAT) or simply Alzheimer's, is the most common form of dementia. This incurable, degenerative, and terminal disease was first described by German psychiatrist and neuropathologist Alois Alzheimer in 1906 and was named after him.
Although the course of Alzheimer's disease is unique for every individual, there are many common symptoms.
As the disease advances, symptoms include confusion, irritability and aggression, mood swings, language breakdown, long-term memory loss, and the general withdrawal of the sufferer as their senses decline.
The cause and progression of Alzheimer's disease are not well understood. Research indicates that the disease is associated with plaques and tangles in the brain.
Because AD cannot be cured and is degenerative, management of patients is essential. The role of the main caregiver is often taken by the spouse or a close relative.

hahahh. enough of that though} THE POSITIVE was that I could stay in bed and finish my crafting project for Artichoke designs Craft swap. I was really quite nervous sending my craft off to a stranger hoping that they will like it! My buddy was Zara. It was cool to see her getting excited on her blog too!

Happy Saturdays Peeps! 

Linda xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment